The online marketplace for local home-based businesses.
Your premier global, halal marketplace by muslims.
Buy and sell in a halal marketplace.
SOUK is the global, halal marketplace for muslim entrepreneurs to sell their products and services for free, and for everyone to enjoy a halal experience.
SOUK is a marketplace built to allow home-based businesses to be connected to a larger network of buyers, enthusiasts and fans. We are a enthusiastic team who are building a global online marketplace to help muslim entrepreneurs do what they love and share their love with others.We intend to cater to a niche market – one that would be able to appreciate and support the work and love of aspiring muslim entrepreneurs.
We are first and foremost, muslims too, who appreciate, support, follow, and absolutely love the talent, creativity, skills and ability that we have seen come up within the muslim community in the past few years. We want to let others appreciate the work of the muslim community the same way we do. We are also a global team.
We are based in Johannesburg and in Singapore.
Our missions are to help muslim entrepreneurs be able to earn a living doing what they love to do,
give people around the world access to quality products made by muslims, allow muslims around the world to support fellow muslim entrepreneurs and to build a community of muslim entrepreneurs who help each other to succeed as an ummah.
Our vision is for SOUK to be the leading marketplace for high quality products catering to muslims around the world.
1. Fuss free payment gateway/s – Normally running your own webstore, this is a hassle. We make it easy for buyers to pay and you to get paid.
2. Free & unlimited listings – We think this is fundamental to helping the ummah. Why should you worry before you sell anything?
3. Easy to manage online store – We don’t plan to make your life difficult.
4. Personal updates from founders (for vendors) – Let’s grow this community together!
5. Consolidated marketing effort – We will work together to drive traffic to SOUK, as a muslim community.
6. Managed store hosting – We will manage the backend. If you have your own webstore, this could cost from S3.99 – $29 / month.
7. Responsive webstore – We intend to release an app in the future, but in the meantime SOUK will be accessible across all devices.
8. Niche & growing target market – According to The Muslim Inc. (@ummahhub), the muslim market is a $170 billion market [with 2 billion potential customers]. At this point there is a lack of well-built web stores catering to this market.